Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Very Superstitious

So. Long time no post. As I've mentioned here and there to some of you, I had a baby a few months ago, and he is totally my excuse for not updating. Blame the baby.

How can you blame that face?!
 
Anyway, I wanted to give an official update on what's happening around here. I am working on a lot of different things right now, so the going is slow, but Blood on The Moon 3 is in the works! I am also working on a new book, which I can't really talk about right now, but I'll tell you that it's my favorite I've written so far. It's also been the most difficult. I feel as though it's missing something crucial, so it's been frustrating . . . I imagine a good night's sleep would do wonders for my brain, but hey. I wrote BOTM when my oldest was 10 months old, so I guess I can do this too, right?
 
I promise that I will keep you updated on the progress of book 3 and this new project as things roll along. I'm better at Facebook, so if you don't follow me there, I encourage you to do so.
 
Last little thing I want to mention, is that I do have some writing coming out in October. I contributed to a charity anthology benefiting SPCA International, an organization that, according to its website, “assists animals in areas of conflict and disaster.” Yay animals!
 

 
Look how cute that cat is, you guys!
 
Random fact: I don't actually have any animals. I have three kids, which I think adds up to like ten animals. But one time, a stray cat had her babies in my yard and they were SO CUTE. Look:
 

 
 
Mama Cat eventually took them away because she has trust issues (even though I went to the store and bought friggin cat food for her and gave her fresh water!) but I see Mama Cat and one of the babies every once in a while. So it's almost like they're mine. Almost.
 
Not really.
 
So that's my animal story to go along with the annoucement of VERY SUPERSTITIOUS, which releases October 15. Also cool is that my author friend, Georgia Mcbride owns the publishing company, Month9books. She is a rockstar. I mean, how do you even go about starting something like that?
 
Wrap up: I'm writing, but I'm slow as dirt. VERY SUPERSTITIOUS releases in Oct. Baby cats are friggin adorable.
 
(ALSO: if anyone knows how to get the shadow off the edges of this blog background FOR THE LOVE OF GOD tell me how. It's so annoying.)
 


5 comments:

  1. Ohhh your baby is sooo cute!! :D And yayyy! I cant wait to read BOTM 3 and your future work!!! WOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about reading ur new work and BOTM 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am super excited about BOTM 3 I have been waiting. I have re read the first 2 twice now. excited!!!!!!!!!! and congrats on your baby. to cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby is adorable, and good luck with the writing!

    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award for bloggers. Check it out here: http://www.booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget