Friday, July 20, 2012

Book Recommendation

A question I get asked a lot is: Can you recommend any amazingtasticle books to me?

Sure, maybe some people don’t use amazingtasticle, but you get the point. I usually recommend whatever I’ve read last (unless I didn’t like it) but I thought I’d do a public You Need to Read This Immediately Review (YNTRTI).

What I’ll do is list the books I’ve read recently (in no particular order) and then tell you which, of all of them, I recommend you rush online (or to Barns & Noble) to purchase as soon as humanly possible and stay up half the night reading until you finish. If I list it here, it means I liked it. But it’s not YNTRTI.

My picks:

White Cat, HollyBlack**(Also Red Glove and Black Heart)


Delirium, LaurenOliver (Also Pandemonium)

And the winner is . . . Delirium! Both books, actually. YNTRTI!!!!!

In case you live under a rock and haven’t heard of Delirium, it’s a dystopian novel about a world where love is a disease. Awesome concept. People are “cured” of love at eighteen. But our heroine, Lena, meets a dude (SWOON!!) and comes to question everything about her safe loveless society.

Now, I have a confession to make. I didn’t want to like this book. I wanted, strangely, to hate it. I can’t say why, but I had a bad attitude going in. Man, did Oliver win me over. I found myself unable to stop reading this book I wanted to hate. It was flawlessly written (SO BEAUTIFUL) and the plot was well-conceived; the world-building thorough and endlessly creative; the characters real and intriguing. I just loved every aspect of it.

And then. AND THEN! Pandemonium. Just . . . just . . . SO GOOD. YNTRTI, I mean it!!! I’m pumped beyond words for the third book, and I have to wait until February.

So, if you’re looking for a book to read until BLOOD CRAVE comes out, Delirium is it. 24 DAYS!
**Also. Note that I linked the authors' websites. That is because you totally need to go check them out. We authors spend a lot of time and energy making these things look nice for you, so go do them a solid and poke around. (Not that, you know, John Freaking Green needs me to promote his website for him, but hey. Can't hurt, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget